La Escuelita | El Salvador
The “La Escuelita” project in the Morazan region of El Salvador aims to create educational facilities for the under-privileged children of the region.
Through the building of new facilities and teacher training, the project works to further the future of these children by providing everything necessary for an education.
As part of the project’s ongoing development, it is involved in numerous educational facilities across the Morazan region. The project requires assistance in providing:
Infrastructure and structural improvements, including building classrooms and expanding facilities
- Provide staff and strengthen leadership qualities of the staff that work at various School Centres
- Improve school environments through setting up standards for the practice of respect and good behaviour
- Provide training for basic and leadership candidates that have been prioritised by the schools
- Design and execute a programme of “social and academic insertion” with the purpose of improving students’ social behaviour both inside the school and at home
- Develop a summer school between November and December 2018, in order to offer spaces to allow children of the community to occupy their free time.
Smurfit Kappa Foundation have sponsored “La Escuelita” in the past and will continue to do so with a contribution of US$60,000 in 2018, to assist in the multiple objectives outlined by the project. We are delighted to be able to continue this contribution in a location such as El Salvador and return to the community an opportunity for continued growth and learning, especially among the young and underprivileged.
Need funding for your project?