Our vision is to positively impact the lives of underprivileged people in the communities where Smurfit Kappa Group operates, using the United Nations (UN) 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development as a guide.
The projects we support tackle global issues with local relevance, and operate under the ethos: “Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.” Thus, we support sustainable projects which involve input from the local community and are capable of becoming self-sufficient in the long-term.
Our Core Values
Integrity, loyalty, Respect, Diversity, Accountability and Community are the values on which Smurfit Kappa Foundation is built. How we act reflects who we are, and the success of the Foundation depends on whether those actions are not only lawful, but ethical.
- Integrity - We are true to our mission striving to be honest, fair, transparent and accountable in all our work.
- Loyalty - Our relationships are the building blocks of Smurfit Kappa Foundation. We nurture, listen and learn from each other, charities/non-profits and SKG employees that we work with.
- Respect - Respect for the rights, differences and dignity of others at all times.
- Inclusion, Diversity & Equity - We encourage all forms of inclusion, diversity & equity in our daily activities and embrace projects that make an effort to ensure inclusion, diversity & equity is celebrated in the local communities.
- Accountability and Impact - We are committed to best practices and aspire to see all projects through to the end while maintaining good governance.
- We believe in Community - we are committed to supporting the communities where SKG operate. We strive to make a difference to the lives of others.
United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
In 2015, the UN set a list of goals to be achieved by 2030. While we recognise that we can only play a small part, we ensure all of the projects that the Smurfit Kappa Foundation undertake are aligned to at least one of the six SDG’s we have chosen to focus on, which are the following: